Thursday, September 4, 2008

City House, Nashville

The flight to Nashville from Chicago is so painless. I literally had just enough time to read one fairly average article in Vanity Fair on Paul Newman before we touched down. 54 minutes later. I met Caroline at the wonderfully chic "cottage" she and Nick call home, located in Germantown, Nashville's oldest neighborhood. I enjoyed a tasty locally brewed beer left over from her birthday celebration last week, and then we strolled over to City House for some dinner and a drink menu that made me homesick for the South. Dark and Stormies. Old Fashioneds. And many other Summery cocktails requiring Pimms, cucumber, and/or any one of their fruit infused vodkas. YUM.

After dinner we returned to the cottage where I had the special treat of seeing some of Caroline's new work which is not even posted on her website yet. Maybe with some coaxing I'll convince her to let me post some of them tomorrow! I'm meeting Whitney and Casey (the two owners of The Perfect Pair) at the store bright and early to set up the show so I'd best get myself to (aero)bed.

No comments: