Friday, September 19, 2008

Parchment

So today I did not make it over to The Garfield Conservatory, but I did manage to find my way to Pavillion Antiques on Damen Avenue. Ugh. Everything in there reminds me of my grandmother, and I mean that in the best way possible. Mod marble table tops and cool chrome chairs. Clear acrylic, organic bronze sculptures, and white shag pillow cushions. There was a desk in the back that I almost totally missed which had gorgeous chrome legs with a parchment covered top. Have you ever seen parchment used in furniture before? Well, it's really something else. And it's really quite expensive. I don't have a photo of the table I saw, but as soon as I got back to the studio I started scouring Ebay for all things "parchment". I happened to find this stunning vintage modern desk. Is this cool or what?

No comments: